There are so many ways we self-sabotage ourselves out of partnering with the coach. For several reasons, the main reason is that we do not understand the role of a coach and how a coach can help enrich our lives. The following are just a few things we say to ourselves to talk ourselves out of progress.
1. I am fully aware of what I need to get done; I’m only procrastinating.
2. I am a high functioning executive who has challenges with organization. Why do I need help from someone to tell me how to organize? I head this organization; this is a non-issue.
3. The things that I need assistance with too small to get a coach involved.
4. I am in a rut. It will pass; it always does.
5. Asking for help is a weakness. I am the person people seek out for help. How would this look?
My question is: If you are so smart, why are you still buffering in the same space? A coach helps stretch those boundaries. If boundaries need setting, set, a coach helps with that as well. Coaches believe that all of us are whole, creative, and resourceful. Coaches have a myriad of tools that help to usher and create change. There are somethings we sometimes cannot do on our own. Think about it. We seek personal trainers when we want to become physically conditioned. We seek nutritionist when we want to make a conscious change in our diets. Who do we seek when we need to be inspired and want to expound on our personal and professional potential? A coach! A coach helps to stretch our comfort zones. They assist and allow us to explore the reasons for the inability to ask for help or delegate appropriately. Time management, disciplinary sessions, etc., whether it is personal or professional, a coach can be a great asset to anyone’s life.
One of the best things you need a coach for can be summed up in one-word accountability. While we seem not to have issues holding others accountable, holding ourselves accountable is a different situation.
There are many coaches available to us today. Many companies retain them to partner with HR for their teams, and they assist with many things. If you have a question that needs an answer, If there are ideas you want to explore, but you do not know how to go about it, do yourself a favor and find a coach! It is the most significant investment you can make in yourself and your future!